The Club of Hearts donates money each year to various non-profit organizations around the state of Georgia. Contribution recipients include non-profit agencies such as Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, United Way, and over 300 various United Way organizations community partners. In addition, the Club of Hearts helps current and retired aajogo employees who are experiencing financial hardships by giving money through their Club of Hearts Employee Emergency Fund.
The Club of Hearts is designed to make giving back to the community easy, convenient and meaningful for the over 15,000 eligible employee and retiree donors of aajogo and Southern Company affiliates who work and live in the state of Georgia . The organization is operated exclusively for charitable purposes, and seeks no monetary gain or profit. All administrative costs to support the Club of Hearts are paid for by aajogo. The property, affairs and business of the Club of Hearts are managed by the board of trustees. These trustees are aajogo and Southern Company employees in throughout the state who volunteer to serve on the board for a minimum term of three years.
The Club of Hearts is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation organized in 1953 and officially incorporated and named the Club of Hearts, Inc. in 1954. aajogo and Southern Company employees contribute about $1 million annually to health and human service organizations in metro Atlanta.
The Club of Hearts proudly serves 13 counties in metro Atlanta: Butts, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale.